Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Monday, September 5, 2011

41 in 41

Soon I will turn 41.  I still have the rest of this month left - but I better get moving on my new list.  I think we'll divide it up like this (subject to serious change!):

Physical - 10 items
Spiritual - 10 items
Home - 10 items
Family - 10 items
Misc - 1

So lets get started. Let's come up with a few for each subject.

1.  Lose weight.  41 pounds would be fantastic.  Realistic, I don't know - but fantastic.  It's not all the weight I need nor want to lose - but it's a significant amount.  (Physical)

2.  Memorize.  When we dropped E off at school, one of her books was "100 bible verses everyone should know by heart" and I thought OUCH!  I'm NOT good at memorization.  In fact, I STINK at it.  However - I'm not getting any younger and I've always said - if I ever get Alzheimer's - I want to be sooooo full of GOD that that's all that's left to pour out of me.  So - I WILL attempt to memorize at least 41 verses this year - and if I can exceed that - GREAT!!  (Spiritual)

3.  Chores.  I'm tired of doing it all.  It's time to get serious and consistent with having my kid(s) do some stuff on a regular and all the time basis.  Not a week - but like for the year.  So.  I need to make a basic chore chart and make it stick for the year.  (Home)

4.  Week vacation.  We (Marty and I) didn't get around to it this year.  So much going on.  We got away maybe once or twice for a night.  I mean it - 4 nights/5 days minimum.  Just the 2 of us.  Serious alone time.  (Family)

5.  Get the sewage drain field drained.  Lol.  Have never done this in the 12 years we've lived here.  It's time to do this before I end up with poopola in my house.  (Home)

6.  Neighborhood barbecue.  I put it off this year.  Chickened out.  No time, no money - lots of excuses.  Next summer.  We.  Will.  Host.  A.  Neighborhood.  Barbecue.   (Spiritual)

7.  Exercise.  Sigh.  I so hate exercising.  I'm gonna keep this one simple.  I will walk, at the very least, a 5k before I turn 41.  That means I need to do something NOW.  I am so disappointed in myself in this area at this moment.  (Physical)

8.  Go to Guatemala as a family on a missions trip.  It's on the agenda for next summer.  I want to see this happen this time.  I don't want another disappointment.  (Family and Spiritual)

9.  Dressers.  This is crazy - but we don't own dressers.  Our clothes are in bins.  We don't have the money to go out and buy them.  It's a silly thing - but I would like a few dressers that fit in the rooms.  Jon has one but it's huge and doesn't fit in his room really.  The top doesn't stay on it (long story) and it half hangs out of his closet into his room.  The rest of us don't have one.  This year - we find dressers/buy dressers/make dressers - I don't care.  We just need a few dressers for our clothes!!  (Home)

10.  Weight Watchers.  Follow it consistently.  Make it an entire month of following the point system.  Period.  (Physical)

1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

Dressers - Do you have a Sauder store near you? We bought Josh's dresser (it is a chest of drawers) there for $125.00 It is great - you put it together but it is solid. We also bought a desk and an entertaiment center from them over the past 10 years and both have held up perfectly. OR I've heard that Ikea has really inexpensive furniture but everyone LOVES it. You are fairly close to the big Ikea store . . .. just saying :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...