Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15PkzgnH8

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's NOT FAIR!


This is something I've been struggling with lately.  The fairness of life.

When I feel as if life is unfair, I know all the right things to say, all the right things to think.  I know God has a plan, a purpose and I know I don't see the big picture.  I got all that, yet I still find it hard to understand.  Especially when it comes to those who have done you wrong repeatedly still seeming to come out on top of life while you are left in the dust.  I don't understand God in these moments.  I don't understand when you do what's right and still get - for lack of better terms (sorry, I really can't think of another word!!) - screwed.

It's hard.  I know I'm not alone.  I know this happens to people all the time.  I know it happened in the bible.  I know Jesus was killed and it wasn't fair - the man was without sin.  Can't get anymore unfair than that!

In that - we find our example of how to handle things when life isn't fair.  Jesus died for us - he died for people who spit, who beat, who unjustly accused, who mocked, who got what they didn't deserve.  It wasn't fair - yet he still went to the cross.  I have a tough time loving people that much.  The whole turning the other cheek, love your enemies thing - can I say that's incredibly difficult for me??

Life isn't fair.  If I can have a pity party for a moment - I feel like myself, and my family, have dealt with more than our share of unfairness.  Personally I grow weary of it.  Yet I know I have something to learn from Jesus.  I know I have a long way to grow.  Some days - I don't know how to begin that journey.  Something Joyce Meyer said once in a TV thing I was listening to has stuck with me.  She said your going to keep going through and going through and going through - until you get it - get what He is trying to teach you. That tells me I have a choice - learn in the unfairness - or go through it again.  I'm tired of going through it - so I'm trying to learn from it.

Life is unfair - sometimes more for some than for others.  Some people seem to sail through life without roadblocks - some of us have our share of walls to climb.  I want to find the place in my spiritual walk when I can stop crying "it's not fair!", figure out what He is teaching me, move forward - and let go.  Find the place where fairness doesn't matter.  Lean into Him, trust He's got it under control and move along.

Anyone with me??

1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

Thanks for the post. I can relate and it is something I really struggle with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...